Monday, August 4, 2014

August 4, 2014- A Week to Remember

To start, I apologize in advance because I forgot my converter, so... no pictures.  I will try to make this an exciting email anyway.

Speaking of photos, this morning I was really excited to offer photography service to some fellow hikers in the mountains.  I had forgotten how wonderful it is to use a nice camera!
 
Now the huge news for the week!  One of our investigators has now been investigating for over two years.  We had been having a hard time teaching her because she has heard the lessons so many times, so we didn't know how to help her learn something new/help her apply what we are teaching to herself.  She was raised Catholic and so it was hard for her to leave that.  Last week we had a lesson and she presented an ultimatum: I am going to pray.  If God tells me to stay with the Catholic church I will no longer meet with you, if God tells me your church then we shall see."  She got her answer and she is getting baptized in a few weeks!  When we asked her about it she told us, "I realized that I had been waiting for the answer that I had already received."   So what was different this week than before?  She had a friend in the church, more specifically her son.  He returned from his mission a few weeks ago and this past week he went and was reading with her ever day.  She told us that there were questions that she didn't ask us because she was waiting for him to get home.  But now she is open and excited to prepare for baptism!
 
Other excitement: our member let us borrow her amazing Spanish/English picture dictionary and we have been using it to label a Ikea catalog that showed up in our mailbox. Learning lots of fun words!
 
Well I love you all!
hna Ashley watts

No comments:

Post a Comment