Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18, 2014 - A Chili or Two

So this morning I remembered that I still had some (like 15) chili cerranos in our fridge and I decided to make some salsa.  It turned out real good.  The one problem came while I was cooking the chilies...  The acid got vaporized and it hurt to breath... but it eventually dissipated :)​


The finished product


Sunrise in the mountains​


Sunrise in the City 



This week we also tried to figure out the quickest way to dry off when we get into someone's home.  The real problem comes when it is nearly as hot in the house as it is outside.. then there is no hope.
 
My thoughts this week: becoming a consecrated missionary.
 
The only way to be truly happy in the work of the Lord is to give him your whole heart and do his will.  He asks us to do so many things and if we obediently do what he asks there will be many fruits of our labors.  But there are two ways to be obedient.  We can do things cheerfully or grudgingly.  We can obediently sacrifice but if we do it grudgingly we will never be changed by our sacrifice and we will never be happy.  I did not come on my mission to end it the same person I started.  I came on a mission so that I would be forever changed and I intend to do all I can to become something more than I was, someone more than I am now.  The way to do this is by consecration, doing all that I can to make sure that my desires are in line with the Lord's.  In a talk, "the fourth missionary" it talks about the difference between sacrifice and consecration.  It points out that everything we have is from God, everything that we own is already his.  Our time, our talents, our goods, all God given.  So everything that we call ours is actually the Lord's with one exception: our desires.  God created our spirit bodies to house our intelligence but he did not create that intelligence.  In this life we have the opportunity to learn how to give our desires,  our hearts and our minds, the one thing that is truly ours, to the Lord.  We can consecrate ourselves, give ourselves to him so that he can shape us and help us reach our potential.  That is my goal for my mission, honestly that is my goal for my life and I count my self so lucky to have this time in my mission to figure out how to do that!
 
Les Quiero!
 
Hna Ashley Watts



 

No comments:

Post a Comment