Monday, August 11, 2014

August 11, 2014 - Mirrors and Miracles

Pictures! 
 
Missionaries of North Hollywood 5to




















Noch de Hogar, musical chairs

 
Servicio ! Peeling onions. It smelled sooo bad!



 
MIRACLE : Killing Cucarachas
 

 

 This was one of the week's biggest miracles.  We had Mission Leadership Counsel meeting for most of the day on Wednesday.  After we had a day full of citas.  As we got to our first appointment (at 6 pm) our 7 o'clock canceled.  As we walked away from our first cita, thinking about where to go, we stopped and talked to man.  He asked us if we had cats.  "no" "do you know anyone with cats?"  "hmmmm...  Yeah, hna Cortez!"  He then gave us the cat food.  His wife's boss gives them cat food randomly and they don't have a cat...  We decided to walk it over to Hermana Cortez's house.  On they way we said, "Maybe she needs us for a reason...  Maybe she will feed us." (we hadn't eaten since noon)  both turned out to be true!  She was moving her kitchen and living room furniture around and killing hundreds of cucarachas in the process.  When she opened the door she looked so relieved!  it was cool moment to remember that god works in mysterious ways.

Preparation day.  Zone lunch


Me! and our newest investigator ;)



Mirror
So just over a year ago I arrived in the San Fernando Valley.  This morning a new group of missionaries arrived and I got to go out with them!  We took them out to work for two hours and it was so fun!  It took me back a year when I was in their shoes.  A lot of things have changed.  I was terrified that day, had no idea what I was doing and thought the Hermanas who took me out were perfect.  I thought to myself, "will I ever be that good?" 
 
 I could see a lot of those same thoughts going through this precious new Hermana's mind, (though she was holding herself together a whole lot better than I did ;))  I have greatly improved as a missionary, still have a ways (long ways) to go, but I have improved.  One of the most amazing things to see this morning was the potential that hna R has.  She, and those that arrived with her, are the future of the mission.  They will fill future leadership roles and train the missionaries that arrive in the coming months.  They will even have the opportunity to work with a new mission president come next June.  They have so much potential and they are just getting started and it was incredible to be able to see that.  All I wanted to say was, "you got this! you can do it! you will do amazing things!"
 
well I love you all a ton!
hna Ashley watts

No comments:

Post a Comment