Before I forget here is the address of my apartment:
14078 Asoria #209
Sylmar CA, 91324
You can send letters here, for at least the next five weeks or continue sending them to the mission office.
I
got it all covered in plastic wrap and duck tape. Ain't it perdy? To
ride it we have to wear bike shorts or leggings and then tuck our skirts
so that they don't get caught in the gears or the wheel, so basically I
thought I would be wearing a skirt all day but in reality I simply have
one around my waste that I wear when teaching.
Yesterday
we had an investigator, Samson, in church with his niece (4 years old)
and his nephew (7 year old). He is 15 years old. We had to go to his
house and wake him up before church but hey he was there and his niece
said that she wants to come back with him. He said something that I
loved, "going to church is a privilege." I realized how true that is
and that serving a mission is also a huge privilege. The other thing I
realized is that the gospel makes so much more sense when you teach it
to a child. The complex concepts simply confuse people but when you
teach so that a child can understand, the message is clear and therefore
powerful.
Fun little tidbit on Samson. He has been growing his hair out so
that he can donate it and will be cutting it soon so that it is short for
his baptism.
The sister in Yellow is Hna Allen and the other is Hna Hardy. They are my companions. I am in another trio.
There
are so many miracles occurring here, and through out the world, that are
bringing more people unto Christ. Everyday we find people who want
something better who want to change. For some, sadly, today is not
their day. They don't want the change bad enough to do anything about
it, but one day all shall hear the Lord's glad message and all who are
willing to follow him will be forever blessed.
I wish that I could tell you all everything that is
happening here. For those who are soon entering the MTC, stick through
it because the field is so amazing and the miracles are so much more
evident.
We
went to a home to help a woman set up for her daughter's baby shower.
The hermanas had tried to teach her but she said she was uninterested
but they did set up a service appointment. When we got there her house
was basically ready but she invited us in and we taught a lesson to her
son, he listened intently and we committed him to be baptized. Miracle
one: a service appointment turns into a baptismal date. Then as we were
leaving she asked if we wanted some grapes, she told us she had bought
too many, so she gave each of us a large container and a water bottle.
Miracle 2! I had been really wanting fruit and we had none at the apartment. She was also planing on feeding us more fruit but we had
another appointment to go to. Even the people who do not want to listen
to us do want to help us and worry for our well being. We meet another
man on the street who told us he would usually pretend he was the
gardener when he saw people like us coming but for some reason that day
he decided to talk to us. He said, "I don't know why I felt like I
needed to talk to you, but maybe something good will come of this." The
Holly Ghost can influence all of our lives and tells us when something,
like talking to the missionaries, is right. The Lord also prepares
people so that they will be ready to hear our glad message. Anyway
after talking to him for awhile he said, "you girls had better get out
of here soon, I wouldn't be out after dark." and he told us that if we
ever got into trouble while in the area all we had to do was run into
his yard and shut the gate. The people care for us even when they do
not care for our message. The respect and even admire us for the work
that we are doing, and they mean everything that they say. Of course we
still had an hour of proselyting to do after the sun set so it is a
really good thing that we have the help and protection of the Lord.
Love,
Hna Ashley Watts.
No comments:
Post a Comment