Last Friday I shared the note that Porter Colt wrote me before I left.
It said "Baptize as many people as you possibly can." It became our
quote of the day and Porter I plan on it!
Every week the
sisters get to watch music and the spoken word before RS and this week's
was awesome because on of the guests looked a little like David Tennant
and the other was Lindsey Sterling. If you have never watched it I
suggest you look up the broadcast from last week.
I got to host Bria Hasset! My college roommate on her first day
here. I saw her in her car and ran after it. One of the pictures is of
us. Seeing her was an answer to prayers. It is nice to see familiar
things when your entire life changes.
Now my spiritual highlight. The
choir director is amazing and this week he asked us if we were living
up to our fore ordination. Think about it of all the hosts of Heaven
very few were chosen to live in this day and even fewer were called to
take the gospel unto all the world. We have a marvelous work that we
are able to participate in, one that we have been prepared for since
before we were born. We were each chosen for a reason, chosen out of
thousands, hundreds of thousands. Are those who were not chosen sitting
in heaven and thinking to themselves "why were they chosen" or "that is
why they were chosen." If we were faithful enough in heaven to be
chosen for this marvelous work we can be faithful again and complete the
things that we were called to do. Each and everyone of us has an
important labor to preform. Be ready when the time comes for you to do
them, be ready and have faith.
He also talked about family activities and the importance of making
them spiritual. Start family activities with a prayer, have Christ/
gospel centered activities at family reunions, make Christ a part of
family life. All of this will help keep families together because we
draw closer to each other as we grow near to God.
Members help the missionaries! You are our greatest resources!
| Hnas Allred, Me, Bontempo, Osler, Parker, Christensen, Smith, Nelson, McChesney. It was their last night with our district. They got here the week before we did. |
| Hna Christensen and I enjoy studying out side but I like the sun and she like the shade. This table was perfect for us. Our Elders say it sometimes looks like we are fighting because we are a part. |
| Me being me |
| My plaque on a day of speaking only spanish (HSI stands for Hable Su Idioma, Speak your Language) |
| Our District with Hermano Snyder |
| Hna Christensen and I drinking through licorice |
| Bria Hasset and I |
| My Scriptures |
Sorry that I didn't really have much to say.
I won't receive any more Dear Elders that get sent. They can forward letters but not those.
You are all amazing and you have been the greatest blessing in my life. Thank you for all that you do!
No comments:
Post a Comment