Friday, July 5, 2013

Ups and Downs

Well I am still working on getting pictures up because some of them are really awesome.  We got some from on the fourth with all of us in patriotic colors.  I also got some great ones of the Stadium of Fire fireworks.  We go to stay up late to watch them which was great.  Another awesome thing for the week, my companion Hermana Christensen loves running so we have been getting up early and going for runs.  What a beautiful way to start the day!  and my shoulders hurt because of all the handstands I have been doing.  This week went by so much faster than the last.  Last Friday ended horrible, with me crying myself to sleep, but then everything just got better.  The next day there were so many little things that made me smile and everything was alright.  Something that made a huge difference was reading all the notes that family and friends wrote at my farewell, it was my first time for most.  The one that struck me the hardest was from Jordan Donaldson. It said "the Lord will bless you and put all your puzzle pieces in place." (hope you don't mind me sharing Jordan)  My teacher had told me something very similar a few days before and it simply reconfirmed to me that God is in all the details of our lives are really does care.  Our companionships had to be switched around a little now I only have Hermana. Christensen and the other three sisters are a trio.  The Elders are also a trio now, one of them had to return home on Monday.  He had back problems and they returned from all of the stress.  We were all heartbroken and sad to see him go.  It is odd how fast people become your family here.  He started physical therapy today and he gets to go back out in three months, he won't even be returning to the MTC.  So Monday did not start off that great but at the end of the night I received a Dear Elder from dad that had me crying with joy for a solid five minutes, something I can't remember doing before.  The MTC the most emotionally challenging place I have ever been and I feel bipolar at times because of all the emotions that fight to get expressed.  But in all honesty, looking back, the good has more than out weighed the bad.

Thank you so much for the music.  The day I got it our entire zone sang it together, Elder Stone and Sister Allred practiced it on the piano.  We are thinking about singing it for sacrament our last week here.  Oh, speaking of singing, I am part of the choir here.  As is the rest of the district.   We all love to sing, well I'm actually not sure about Elder Pack but he joins us any way.  We practice on Sundays and sing in the Marriott Center at the Tuesday devotional.  I sit with Hermanas Allred and Nelson, who has a stunning voice, in the soprano section.


Well I really don't know what else to write, this week has been crazy and I can't even keep my days in order.   Oh right I saw Tanner Benson today and I have seen Camille Burns a few times this week.  I think Braden Foster got here this week so I have been looking for him as well.  I have also seen Mary Lamphire and Daniel Richman a few more times.  Sadly

I haven't really had much time to talk to anyone because there is always some where to be. Though I did get to talk to Christian Thorn's mission President and his wife.  They were here for the mission president seminar and I took pictures for them with the Elders who will be going there.
I think one of the most important things that I have learned this week is about the different forms of pride.  One of which is fear of rejection leading you to not open your mouth and share the gospel.  I know I am guilty of this and I am trying hard to change.  Along with this we are continually being told to say the hard things to investigators because if we say it with love we will not offend them or scare them away.  Like I said I am doing a lot of practice and I am improving a lot.  We do mock lessons with our teachers acting the part of investigators they had in the field and it is so fun.
Advice for the week:  Showers are fantastic.  They give you time to think and sometimes you get a musical number.  Plus you get clean which your companion really appreciates.  Oh and don't under estimate Provo heat.  It has been over 100 for the past week.   Not fun.   As always though I say find something silly to do every day.  Stress levels are high and everyone needs a little release, just don't be childish or annoying no one appreciates that.   My release yesterday was the fireworks.  As soon as the devotional ended the Hermanas of my district and I ran, literally, in our skirts, grabbed ice cream bars and sat out on the lawn.  Not the most dignified thing we have done while here but so much fun.  Remember it is the little things that make all of the difference.

I love you all sooo much!
Hermana Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment