Friday, June 28, 2013

There are so many things going on I don't even know what to write
Well I've made it to another P-day and this week was so much better than the last.  Me and my companions were up at 5 this morning and we went outside to watch the sunrise, which was spectacular and then the fire alarm went off at 6:30 giving everyone in our building a wakeup call, luckily we were already outside. I got another companion this week so now I am in a trio.  There are nine people in our district.  Elders Stone, Porter, Lee and Pack and Hermanas Christensen, Smith, Allred, Nelson and I.  All of the Elders are 18 and the sisters are 19 and 20 but everyone is very respectful and much more mature than some of the other districts.
You all had so many questions so here I go trying to answer a few.
First off the Spanish is going great and the gift of tongues is real.  It feels like I learned more in 7 days here than the 7 years I took in school.  That probably isn't true though and I am so grateful for the preparation, the beginners are even more overwhelmed than I am.
The Hermanas
Nelson: from Utah headed to California Riverside
Christensen: from Utah headed to San Fernando!
Smith: from Vermont headed to California Ventura
Allred: from Utah headed to Florida Orlando
 
CCM- Spanish for MTC
Advice for this week is that each day it gets a little bit easier.  The first few days you have to just stick with it because you will be completely overwhelmed and feel like there is no way you can make it, but you can and all of those doubts are coming from Satan.  Christ will never tell us we are not good enough for him.  Also there will be people who are childish, don't be that person but also don't let them distract you from the work, it is bad enough that they are keeping themselves from improvement.  This experience is what you make it.  A sister from the beginning Spanish class was moved up into our district because she was persistent and really wanted to learn so the Lord helped her learn much faster than those she was with.  Most important advice for the week is to laugh, laugh as much as you can with out it distracting you from your classes.  The stress level is high here and you need release so find something everyday to laugh about and share it with those around you, sharing joy is sharing God's love.  Also look at Genesis 21:6 a wonderful scripture.  Last bit of advice it to make sure your family and friends know about Dear Elder because it is much easier than snail mail and you don't have much email time.
To each of you getting ready to leave, you are in for a treat.  It really is a wonderful experience.  You will have your ups and downs but with the Lord you will always end up on top.  And remember the days may feel like weeks but the weeks will feel like days. "Forget yourself and go to work" your mission starts the moment you are set apart.
Keep Smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment