Monday, October 7, 2013

October 7, 2013 - Conferencia General

I have never sat through a more inspirational conference weekend, maybe because I have probably never sat through all 8 hours before but still it was amazing!  As one of the ward members described it,  "I ate a T-bone steak for dinner.  Not only did it fill me, I am overflowing."   The speakers seem to hit on every topic from depression, inspiration, morality, self mastery, faith and hope, marriage, endurance, priesthood power, missionary work and the list goes on.   Some of my personal favorites were Edward Dube, Richard G. Scott, David A Bednar, Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Jeffery R. Holland, Richard J Maynes and Terence M. Vinson.

Edward Dube:  There is still work to be done.  This is a gospel of progress which means there is always more good we can do so we keep moving forward.

Richard G. Scott:  My personal favorite. I had never thought of the story of the stripling warriors in that light.  It was a beautiful talk on the power of the Atonement and the lasting effects of the decisions we make, both good and bad.  Weak things become strong!

David A Bednar:  would someone send me a copy of this.  There was so much good I didn't get the chance to write it all down.  It was all about the "significant yet subtle blessings" that the Lord sends us for our obedience.

Dieter F. Uchtdorf:  another that I need a copy of.  "What about my doubts."  Our doubts lead us to ask questions which leads to an increase in our faith and knowledge.  "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith."

Jeffery R Holland, Richard Maynes and Thomas S Monson: All talked about enduring trials  "Square shoulders and positive thinking"  as Elder Holland pointed out some times is not enough but it can help in many circumstances.  "Shall I falter or shall I finish?"- T.S.M.  Richard Maynes - Accelerating to the finish line!

Terence M Vinson:  Aligning our will with Heavenly Father's.  We need to use all of our strength.  "No you haven't, you haven't used mine."  And remembering God always.

Hope that everyone had a splendid week!  Until later!

Sidewalks.  Not paved but rock solid because of how much they get used.
Inline image 1
Cockroaches living in the wall socket.  No idea how to go about cleaning that.
Inline image 2
"Gravity" advertisement being blown off.
Inline image 3

No comments:

Post a Comment