Monday, October 28, 2013

October 28, 2013 - One by One

We had another baptism this week!  Sampson, the son of Dicha.  This week we began teaching Sampson's his older brother, Jose, and their 9 year old nephew, Issac,  has been coming to some activities, like the baptism last night and really likes it.  Last night our ward mission leader asked him if he wants to get baptized and he said yes!  The tender simplicity of children is incredible and I am always surprised at how much they truly understand and how close they are to our heavenly father.  Their ears and eyes have not yet been tainted by the things of the world so they are more sensitive to the things of the spirit.  Some times I wish I was 10 again, but I guess we all have to grow up some day.
Hermana Vizcara, Sampson, Me, Dicha and Issac
Last Monday we went to  __  for some fun times as a district (it was Hermana Redondo's last preparation day in the field).  We did a corn maze, got lost on purpose then couldn't find our way out so we had to cheat and use a short cut.
   

Me and my new companion, Hna Vizcara, on our first day together. 

We got to do a service project moving dirt for our ward mission leader.  It was a lot of fun and so nice to do some hard work again.  After he made us dinner on an open fire.  I smelt fantastic after that :)
  

Off to another fun week now.  Keep the faith and hold fast to what you love.  If you are going through rough times hold on a little bit longer, but if you fall don't worry there is someone there to catch you!
Love,
Hermana Ashley Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment