Monday, November 24, 2014

November 24, 2014 - For Such A Time As This

"You were chosen out of millions to be where you are.  Are others in Heaven watching and asking, 'Why was s/he chosen?' or are they saying 'That is why s/he was chosen'"
I wrote that ages ago when I was in the MTC (I've been reading my old journals) and this week I got some insight into what my answer would be.
I received a packet of papers last night and one of them was a place to write my final letter to my mission president.  This morning I was trying to think of how I can summarize my mission in just a few words (I had a big paper to write on but I don't really like writing) and what it all boiled down to was this.  I know that I have done what the Lord called me here to do.   For so long I fought that.  For so long I could not accept that the Lord was happy with the work that I have done.  I felt so inadequate and hopeless.  But I can now say with confidence that I have done the work that I was called to do.  I served my mission the way the Lord wanted me to and that knowledge brings so much peace and so much power.  I am so grateful for the atonement in my life and the things that it has enabled me to do.




BIKES



Thanksgiving Dinner




Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Love
Hermana Ashley Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment