Wednesday, February 19, 2014

February 19, 2014 - Sweet is the Work

So it was a long week but a good one.  We were so busy!  I'm not really sure where to start so how about some pictures? :)

Service projects are so fun and such a great way to open up hearts.  Last week we knocked on a man's door.  He he was not interested in listening to a message but he told us about a street cleaning project that was going to take place on Saturday.  When nine missionaries showed up ready to work they were ecstatic.   We were thrilled too.  It was a nice change of routine plus we were able to answer some questions, change some opinions and tell them where to go to learn more.  I love Reseda!  It was also great fun because the local funeral home provided mid work snacks for us ;)
(They put some pictures up on face-book of us working, rnc.fb)



So this place got cleared out a month ago and you can only see a fraction of the junk that had already piled up.  We kinda wanted to just set it all on fire, but instead we bagged it up and loaded it into a truck.



The different languages are not just for looks, Reseda is a multinational area.  I have never heard so many languages spoken, it is amazing to be a part of it all!

We got to go to the temple this morning!

 

















Even on the grounds I could feel the peace that the temple brings.  The difference between the city and the temple grounds is so drastic and so beautiful.
This week I also realized how blissful ignorance truly can be.  My world changed a ton when I got thrown into Southern California.  I have meet so many people with so many problems. A woman who was in an affair and got robbed by the man, a family who went in active when their 13 year old daughter got pregnant, a single mother struggling to find a job so she can raise her three children, a woman whose life changed when she was diagnosed with cancer, a young man on parole who just wants to turn his life around.  And people seem to throw their problems at us in the hope that we can help.  I knew that these kinds of things happened, I had heard of them, but never were they so close to me.  It is a comfort to know though that I can help them, that is the Gospel that I have been called to preach can change their lives.  As President Uchtdorf said, "The Church is designed to nourish the imperfect, the struggling, and the exhausted."  It has been amazing to see the work progress and the power of the atonement change lives.  I did not expect to get thrown into the darkness of the world at 19 but I am grateful now that I am here because the contrast helps me see just how brilliant the Gospel shines!
And for those of you who are like those that I have met, struggling through things that seem too hard to bare, the gospel and the atonement are for you as well.  Christ will help you overcome all of your trials.  Be patient, the tunnel will end.
Hope you all have a spectacular week! Love you!!!
Ahh yes,  Happy Valentine's Day! (again)


When it was completed this said <3 U PUMPKIN. So fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment