Tuesday, May 27, 2014

May 27, 2014 - Protected

First piece of news, THE MORGAN FAMILY GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!
 
 
This is me and Hermana Morgan on Tuesday morning (right before transfers)

 
And this is the family on Sunday evening (right before their baptism!!!)

I got an email from my last companion today with this photo.  I have never been so excited to read an email!  I was so blessed to have worked with this family for the past five months and now they are baptized!!!! I love them so much!!!!


And speaking of last companion, I have a new one.  Hermana Blacker
 
 

You can kind of see her in the back there. Our car was jammed full of our things because we both moved into the area together!  I am now in North Hollywood (the area I was supposed to got to 4 transfers ago, until last minute)  It has been quite the adventure trying to learn everything, including relearning how to drive.  Yep I am behind the wheel.  I drove for 4 weeks in Reseda and haven't done much outside of that for the past year so it is kinda terrifying but good.
 
With all the craziness we have been extremely blessed and protected.  Here are a few experiences to highlight that:
 
​ So I always wear a big silver ring.  Some may think that it is to remind me of something but in reality its main purpose is to hit fences so that I know if there is a loose dog.  On Friday we
were knocking in our area and saw a house that we wanted to knock.  We saw a big beware of dog sign...
 
 
 
...so I hit the fence a few times.  After a few minutes and nothing happening we decided to go in.  As we walked towards the door I looked to the back of the house and saw a huge German Shepard.  All I did was tap Hermana Blacker on the arm and pointed.  We both quickly walked to the gate and opened it up.  A few moments after we got the gate shut the dog hit the fence.  I didn't even have the opportunity to re-latch the gate.  
 
Another moment of protection came Monday morning.  We went hiking in the mountains (they are part of my area again!)
 
 
As we were walking back I saw Hermana Blacker's eyes get big as she tried to warn me about something.  To late though, I stepped down right on the middle of a snake.  I followed her eyes down in time to see its tail come up and hit my leg. That got my heart racing pretty fast as I jumped away.  I was kinda amazed and very grateful that it decided to hit me with its tail instead of with its teeth.
 
I know that throughout my mission I have been physically and spiritually protected.  I wonder if one day I will know just how much protection I have received.  I wonder if one day I will meet some of the angels that I know are surrounding me.  I sure hope that I do.
 
I love you all so much and pray that you are all protected as well.
 
Good luck to all those graduating in the next few weeks!!!  Congrats, you've finished high school!!!!!!  College is so much better :)
 
Love,
Hna Ashley Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment