Bam,
another week gone. Drunk Armenian men, night walks, dropped citas,
running around like crazy, painting, eating a smoothie and
freezing, food bank, Mr. Watts, exchanges, the hobbit, finding flour for
days, suegro vs yerno vs cunado = laughing so hard I was crying,
ordering pizza, our phone is crazy, some of our investigators are way
awesome, I'm surprised my companion lets me drive jk I'm a safe driver!
... Yeah that basically sums up my week my week.
Zona de Burbank! Finally I got a picture of all (20) of us!
Flour fight... the aftermath
What happens when we forget to schedule in dinner....
I survive on peanut butter pretzels
good
thing we have plastic cups in our trunk (and tons of flour covered
socks and about 10 random balls and plastic knifes..... yeah not sure
how that all built up. It is all nicely organized in a box :) )
Painting
Yeah
life is good here :) I continue to see miracles everyday and I
continue to enjoy myself more and more. I've recently been trying to
find the moments to laugh and I have found that they are not in short
order. We had a couple of moments this week where we were laughing so
hard that we were looking for moments to breath. Each day I meet so
many amazing people, some want to listen and others don't but they still
make an impact in my life and improve my day. I love it here and I
love being a missionary!
A miracle: There we were
knocking (as we so often do), there were lots of people home, we could
see their lights through the windows, but no one wanted to answer. I
turned to Hermana Avila and said, "the first person who opens their door
will become a new investigator." We continued and finally a door
opened, "buenas noches?" After a bit of an introduction he was
interested and we began teaching. He was way cool! Though some where
in the middle of the lesson we switched from Spanish to English and at
the end we found out that he is more comfortable in English meaning we
sadly won't be the ones teaching him. I guess the English missionaries
just really needed a miracle this week as well :D
I love you all!
don't forget to laugh!
Hermana Ashley Watts
No comments:
Post a Comment