Monday, July 7, 2014

July 7, 2014 - Many Purposes

This last week has been a very interesting one but I have learned some very valuable lessons.
1.  The priesthood power is very real and very powerful (well I already new that but it was confirmed yet again)
2. God has many purposes for us and some times they are not at all what we expect.
 
It has been a very rough week, probably one of the longest of my mission.  The next few weeks could bring some decisions that I'm not sure I am ready to make and some challenges that I am not sure I am ready to face.  What am I holding on to?  A blessing that I received on Saturday morning promising me the help that I will need.  Some things in that blessing came as a surprise, so surprising in fact that I jolted in my seat, but it gave me the opportunity to see part of God's plan for me.  I am still struggling to understand some of the things that were said, but as I have pondered his words over and over they have received new meaning and I have received more peace.  I don't know what is going to happen this next week but I know that Father does and that he is going to help me arrive at the point where I need to be.  It is so precious to me that my heavenly father loves me and has given me this opportunity to grow.  Now I am just hoping and praying that he gives me the strength and the knowledge that I need.
 
Now the many purposes.  The longer I am out on my mission the more I am beginning to realize that helping people come to the waters of baptism is not my only purpose here.  God has many plans and many purposes for me here.  There are many things that I need to do now and other things that he is preparing me to do later.  Like I said, my blessing shed a lot of light on the things that I am supposed to be doing right now (things very different from what I expected I should be doing) and there are other things that He is preparing me for in the coming months and years.  How lucky we are to be the Father's hands!
 
 
and here are some pictures for your enjoyment
 
Happy Fourth of July!​


DEAR!


Love you all !
Hermana Ashley Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment