Monday, December 9, 2013

December 9, 2013 - 2X Transferred

So Tuesday was the craziest day of my mission.  I packed all of my things in the truck of one of our members and he took us up to Santa Clarita for the transfer meeting.  While my companion sat in trainer training, I waited in the chapel for transfer meeting to start.   --For those of you who are unfamiliar with transfer meetings, on transfer day here everyone who will be transfered gathers and waits for  the Mission President to tell us where we will be going and who our new companions will be. 
 We can do this because our mission is so small, it might take one 45 minutes to drive across the whole thing. --   The transfer announcements were made and everyone had moved to sit by their new companion.  I was seated next to Hermana Clifton and headed to North Hollywood.  After the closing prayer President went up to the mike and asked us and 4 other Hermanas to meet with him in a few minutes.  A little confused the six of us went out side and waited for him to find us.  He had received some last minute revelation and another transfer took place.  I am so grateful that this Church is run on revelation and that I have a Mission President who is in tune with the Spirit and willing to let it direct him.  Now I am happily living in Reseda with Hermana Simpson.  I know I am exactly where I am supposed to be.
My crazy day didn't stop there though.  We got quite lost on the way home.  We made it some where in the San Fernando Valley then back to Santa Clarita.  I learned that one wrong turn can really take you off course and some times you have to do some back tracking so that you can start over on the right course. 
 As we were merrily on our way people started honking at us and I looked back in time to see my bike skidding down the Highway at 60 miles per hour.  Hermana Simpson and I were a bit shocked and had no idea what to do so we pulled over.  We called our Zone leaders and they said they would drive up behind us and look for it.  As we waited a super nice man from the Metro Freeway Petrol came up in a tow truck and asked us what we needed.  He then went on a search for my poor bike.  Sadly he was not able to find it, but it's alright because I'm in car anyway.  We called the Zone leaders to tell them not to bother. While they were on the phone a bike fell off of their bike rack in almost the same spot where we had dropped mine.  Apparently the bike racks are not good for freeway driving, oops.  It was fortunate that the patrol had found us because we were able to give the number to the elders and they reclaimed their lost bike.
We eventually made it home and were even able to get out and teach a lesson to Aldo.  A 14 year old who I am supper excited to work with.  A good friend of his, Vicky, is in our ward and just got her mission call to Boston, Massachusetts.  We were able to be their when she opened her call.  What a reminiscent experience.
Now I am happily settled in Reseda and loving it.  I've got lots of things to learn here and I am excited to learn them.
Also, who watched the Christmas Broadcast?  Amazing right?
Love you all, have a spectacular week!

No comments:

Post a Comment